- Archives & Records
- Contact Information
List of Avaialable Records
- Genealogy of Native Americans
- 1873 Springfield City Directory
- Student List of Greene County Schools 1910-1917 by District
- Greene County School Records
- 1905 Springfield, Missouri City Directory
- Greene County, Missouri Blind Pensions 1923-1933
- Record of Greene County Deeds 1833-1876
- Map of Springfield of 1908
- Student List of Greene County Schools 1910-1913 Alphabetical
- Student List of Greene County Schools 1910-1913 by District
- The Street Car Strike of 1916-17
- 1876 Illustrated Historical Atlas of Greene County, Missouri
- 1876 Road Plat of Greene County, Missouri
1905 Springfield, Missouri City Directory
This 1905 Springfield, Missouri, City Directory has been transcribed by Judy Reustle, a longtime Archives' volunteer.
As it falls between the 1900 and 1910 censuses it will be an invaluable research tool for the genealogist and historian.
This transcription represents many hours of work and additional research on the part of Judy who made every effort to
provide an accurate copy of the 1905 Directory.
There are a number of abbreviations used in this directory which are explained at the front of this book. Some names are no longer used, such as Expressman or Lithographer. Other names were in use in 1905 but are not accepted today. The letter "C" was used for "Colored" a term for African-Americans who are listed in this directory.
After the two pages listing the abbreviations are several pages providing street names and approximate locations in Springfield.
Before the main body of the 1905 Springfield City Directory there is one sheet listing residents of Nichols, a small town to the west of Springfield. Also known as Junction City, this town has been absorbed by Springfield. A map of Nichols/Junction City can be seen in the Plat Book of Greene County, Missouri, 1904.
The directory pages headings are as follows:
- Last name
- First name
- Blank or "C" if African-American
- "C" is a person known to be African-American but not listed as such
- Address of residence*
- *Addresses with "½" refer to either upstairs of residence or living space behind building
- Business where person worked
- Address of business