Ex Parte

Below are a few frequently asked questions with generalized answers about ex part's. For more information, you may read Missouri Statute, chapter 455.

What is an ex parte?

An ex parte is a temporary order of protection granted to the petitioner until hearing can be held.

Who can file for an ex parte?

Any adult or child who has been subject to abuse by a present or former family or household member, or who has been the victim of stalking, may seek relief. (The parent, guardian, or court-appointed special advocate needs to fill out the paper work for minor.)

Where can I get the paperwork to file an ex parte?

You may pick up the necessary forms to file for an ex parte at:

Judicial Facility - Second Floor
Greene County Circuit Clerk's Office
1010 Boonville
Springfield, MO

Our hours of operation are 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM, Monday - Friday (except state holidays).

How much does it cost to file an ex parte?

An ex parte has no filing fee.

What is the process for getting an ex parte issued?

Once your paper work is filled out and turned in to the Circuit Clerk's office, a judge will review your request. If your request is approved, you must return and pick up a copy of your order. You would then have to appear for a full hearing at a later date.

Are there any organizations that can help me?

Women can seek help from The Victim Center at (800) 743-5265 or Family Violence Center at (417) 837-7700. Men can call The Victim Center at (800) 743-5265.