- Springfield-Greene County Office of Emergency Management
- Greene County Community Emergency Response Team
- Hometown Ready
- Federal Emergency Management Agency
- Department of Homeland Security
- State of Missouri Emergency Management Agency
- Centers for Disease Control
- Greater Ozarks Regional Chapter American Red Cross
- American Red Cross
Make a Plan
When a disaster or emergency strikes – it's too late to plan. A major part of being Ozarks Ready is having a plan of action specifically designed for you and your family. It only takes a few moments to develop but when needed; a plan can provide an orderly way for your family to function and communicate during a crisis. Make sure you regularly discuss the plan with your family and update the plan as needs or circumstances change.
What does a plan look like?
- Where do you go during a sudden emergency like a fire or tornado?
- Have a plan as to how you will contact each other during an emergency.
- Program "ICE" In-Case-of-Emergency in each family members cell phone.
- Have a contact person family members can call to notify they are safe.
- Teach family members to use text messaging.
- Duplicate and stored pertinent medical and other vital family information for easy retrieval.
- Know the emergency plan and safe location at your kids school.
- Have local meeting points other than home for family.
- Practice – Practice – Practice